1.2 KEY ENABLERS TO BIG DATA ANALYTICS FOR EVERYONE
Digital transformation reshapes every aspect of a business. As digital technology continues to evolve, successful digital transformation will require careful collaboration, thoughtful planning, and the inclusion of every department.
Digital transformation has morphed from a trend to a central component of modern business strategy. IT has become the data hero. It’s finally IT’s time to break the cycle and evolve from producer to enabler. IT is at the helm of this digital transformation of self-service analytics at scale. IT is providing the flexibility and agility a business needs to innovate while balancing governance, data security, and compliance. Organizations are empowered to make data-driven decisions at the speed of business, shaping the future of how successful companies are run.
A Partial List of Key Enablers
- Cloud Computing: The adoption of cloud computing has made expensive analytics affordable. Analyzing extensive data sets require noteworthy compute capacity that can fluctuate in size based on the data inputs and type of analytics. This characteristic of scaling workloads is perfectly suited AWS’s pay-as-you-go cloud model, where applications can scale up and down based on demand. Being able to analyze data quickly to derive valuable insights can be done within minutes rather than months, and you only pay for what you use.
- Adaptability: Change happens fast in business. Modern enterprises succeed when they adapt to industry and marketplace shifts and incorporate new technology into company culture and regular operations. However, digital transformation isn’t only about technology, it’s about bringing together the power of technology with a culture that embraces the change that it can lead for the organization.
- The Importance of User Experience: The customer experience is the ultimate goal of any digital transformation. Customers are more cautious than ever; they’ll turn away from brands that don’t align with their values and needs. A top-notch user experience is paramount to keeping customers involved and engaged with your brand. This is a comprehensive process. Anywhere and everywhere customers can interact with your business, and the experience must be consistent and positive. For example, entrepreneurs can use analytics to discover where customers are coming from (whether it’s a social media platform, a blog, or somewhere else) and streamline the interaction in those high-traffic areas. Every touch point matters, and those leading the transformation should constantly be asking how are we removing friction and enhancing the experience for every customer regardless of where they are in the journey.
- Rapid Innovation: Proactive innovation is one of the best ways to stay competitive in an evolving marketplace. New technology needs to be assessed, tested, analyzed, and judged more quickly than ever before. Businesses can no longer afford to waste time and resources implementing new tools that offer no real value. This means a “Fail fast, to succeed faster,” mentality. Some projects will work straight away, others will have significant learning curves. The faster your organization can go from idea to implementation the more it can embrace opportunities to transform and even disrupt markets and internal business models. Using the AWS Marketplace, explained throughout this blog series, will help you understand an inexpensive and convenient way to do this.
- Leverage Remote Workers: Young professionals prefer flexibility over compensation. Mobile technology and bandwidth proliferation allow businesses to connect with and retain top talent anywhere in the world. Digital transformations encourage telecommute capabilities, giving the ability to hire the most talented employees.
- Application Programming Interfaces (APIs): New tools and technologies need more than one avenue for viability; otherwise, their value quickly drops. APIs are a powerful way to embrace true digital transformation. eBay and PayPal are two companies that relied significantly on these technologies, enabling them to manage an incredible high volume of transactions. Companies need to tie together more best of breed technologies via APIs. Rather than marrying a platform, the API will open doors for multiple platforms together in a fast, flexible ecosystem. Sourcing from multiple vendors creates the best user experience. This will be further confirmed many times in this blog series when I talk about leveraging AWS Marketplace with AWS Services.
Previous post can be found here.
Next post can be found here.